Individual raw amethyst chunks. Perfect for carrying with you in your pockets, purse, clothing or for jewelry.
Amethyst is the most popular variety of quartz crystals that is considered the most powerful and protective stone. It is a semiprecious violet stone that is often used in jewelry and for healing purposes. It has been sought after throughout the ages for its stunning colors and ability to stimulate the mind and emotions.
In today’s world, Amethyst is viewed as a semi-precious crystal but in traditional times, it was a very precious stone. The beauty of Amethyst is evident whether the stone is in its natural state, cut or polished into jewels. It is the birthstone for Pisces & Aquarius -the February birthstone, along with being the stone for the 6th anniversary of marriage.
Amethyst derives its name from the Greek word ametusthos which means ‘not intoxicated’. For centuries, Amethyst has been thought to be useful in the prevention of drunkenness and overindulgence, which is why ancient Greeks wore amethyst and carved out drinking vessels from it.
Amethyst meaning differed throughout the ages and cultures and that’s why Feng Shui meaning of amethyst crystal differs and is focused on the wealth enhancement. It was also used in ancient China as a powerful tool to clear negative energy and drive away the hazards of everyday life.
Amethyst Healing Properties and Benefits
Amethyst is a powerful and protective stone that has a wide range of benefits. Some of the healing properties and powers of Amethyst are below:
- Natural tranquilizer: Amethyst relieves an individual from stress and strain, soothes irritability, balances mood swings, dispels anger, rage, fear and anxiety.
- Amethyst activates spiritual awareness: This precious stone has outstanding healing and cleansing powers. It does this by opening intuition and enhancing psychic abilities of a person.
- Enhances sobriety: It makes a person have a sober mind in cases of over drinking or overindulgence in other activities that may lead to addictions. Amethyst does this by producing a calming effect to the mind and stimulating the body hence keeping people focused and aware of occurrence in their surroundings.
- Insomnia relief: With Amethyst in place, you can be assured of plentiful amounts of sleep at night. It further helps in remembering and understanding of dreams.
- Hormone production: Amethyst plays a very important role in general metabolism especially bringing balance to the endocrine system by helping in the active production of hormones for use in the body.
- Boosting the immune system: Amethyst assists the body in fighting and eliminating diseases. This stone helps to purify blood thus reduces physical, emotional and psychological pain or stress. Amethyst is useful for people suffering from diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract, skin conditions, disorders in cells and diseases of the digestive system
- Guards against psychic attack: By wearing the protective Amethyst crystal, one gets protection from all types of suffering including spiritual assault and those that may be as a result of external sources such as people.